It’s been awhile hey? Finals have officially elapsed! And guess who’s slowly making her back into creating content for her blog? 🙂 This summer I have a lot of ideas that I hopefully want to implement and post on my blog. I do know that it will take some time to post the content up here, so please be patient!
Here’s a quick recipe on how to make Chocolate chip cookies, these have more of a cake texture to them..which I love. Finals got me stressing. As a distraction, my friend and I decided to make cookies as we meal prepped. I occasionally would just make them to get away from studying haha.
Shoutout to my friend Mary for introducing this recipe!
This is a very easy recipe, though I did take about two tries to get it to the perfect texture I wanted. My friend Mary makes the best batches of cookies. She uses the same recipe as I do by the way, and she someone still makes them better than me. As a matter of fact, when my friend, and my sister both made the cookies, they all tasted differently! I guess individually we have different methods as to how to incorporate the ingredients and bake the cookies. Let me know how it goes!
What kind of texture do you guys fancy? Comment below!
Recipe can be found here.
Time: 1 hour | 24 servings | 298 cals per serving
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Ingredients omitted/changes that can be done as well: chopped walnuts; 2 cups brown sugar if you want a cake-like texture; can substitute with any type of chocolate you prefer; can omit the chocolate entirely and serve as a sugar cookie
Directions Prep 20 min. | Cook 10 min. | Ready In 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.