I’m slowing starting to put up more recipes on my blog. I’m trying out a new format of imaging and showing you guys how to create these recipes, let me know how the new format is going!
Carbonara is a crowd favourite at my house for family and friends. It looks hard to make, however it’s actually not at all.
Below is an online recipe version of what my mother taught me when making carbonara. I’ve noted the ingredients emitted from the original version made. You are definitely free to modify the recipe to your liking!
Happy cooking friends 🙂
Ingredients: (All rights go to their respected owner, link to recipe can be found here)
- 4- 6 strips bacon, chopped (Can be replaced with Chicken, or no meat added for a vegetarian style)
- 1 pc. onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pc. Knorr Beef Broth Cube, mashed (Not used in original recipe)
- 2 cups all purpose cream (Or Mushroom soup, which is what I used)
- 1⁄2 kg. spaghetti cooked al dente
- ground pepper, to taste
- pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- 3- 4 tbsp cheese, grated
Step by step:
- Begin by getting your pan nice and hot over medium heat. Pan-fry the bacon until crisp. Remove the crispy bacon, leaving its oil in the pan. Throw in the onion and garlic next before adding the Knorr Beef Cubes that has been mashed with other spices.
- Stir in the all-purpose cream and just allow to simmer for a minute.
- Add the cooked spaghetti next and toss well to fully incorporate the sauce. Taste and check if the seasoning is well balanced. Transfer to a platter with crispy bacon bits on top and grated cheese. Finally, this dish is done!