My name is Tina and I am a post graduate student from Toronto, Ontario. I have been given the pleasure to write a guest post for Lara’s blog and today I am going to share with you my personal meal prep that I love to make. If you want to check out more food and restaurant reviews, I also have my personal blog @tasteoftina. This meal prep is really simple and will last you 3 meals depending on how much you choose to make.
- Quinoa Kernels
- Brussel Sprouts (1 1/2cup)
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- Broccoli (1 cup)
- 1 sweet potato
- Cayenne (1 teaspoon)
- Onion (1 teaspoon)
- Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
- Garlic (1 teaspoon)
- Paprika (1 teaspoon)
How to cook:
- take out the chicken from freezer and marinate with the spices combined in a bowl for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Rinse quinoa and pour broth or water with salt into the rice cooker.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and add into boiling water. Cover and steam for 4 to 5 minutes until tender
- Wash and cut the ends off of the brussels sprouts then slice in half.
- Wash and skin the sweet potatoes. Cut them into medium sized pieces
- Place sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts on a non-stick baking pan with aluminum foil. Lightly coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place into oven once preheated for 60 minutes (sweet potatoes) and 30 minutes (brussels sprouts).
- In a separate non-stick pan, place the marinated chicken onto a baking sheet and place into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once ready, combine chicken, quinoa, potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli into a stackable microwavable food storage container
Total Time: 1 hour
If you are a student like me and want to save time on cooking and save money on junkfood you are always tempted to buy, I highly encourage you to try and meal prep because it helps achieve a healthy, balanced diet. You don’t need to be a bodybuilder or gym fanatic to meal prep, this is just a smart and efficient way to save time especially if you’re a student with minimal time to cook full meals.
To learn more, take a look at these tips and trips from this article, visit: Fit Men Cook: Hacking Meal Prep Tricks
I found to be really useful when I started learning how to meal prep!
Comment below and let me know what your go to meal prep is for the week!
~T from TasteofTina
*Want to get featured in a guest post? Comment or email me for more details 🙂
And as always,