Here’s another quick and easy meal on the go! Perfect for busy days for school, work, or any day in general. The recipe can be modified to your liking as well. For this recipe, we didn’t have any mushrooms to add; instead we used bell peppers. If you do not have enough eggs, adding milk can be used as a substitute. After some trial and error, I also found that fresh bread is quite hard to mold into the muffin trays. It’s best to use bread that has been made a few days past its date.
What’s your go to breakfast that’s quick and easy to make?
Sunrise Breakfast Buns (Recipe can be found here)
- Bread (whole wheat, rye or multigrain) – (6 Slices)
- Margarine – (1-2 tablespoons)
- Eggs – (6 eggs)
- Green onion, chopped – (1/4 cup)
- Cheddar cheese, grated – (1/4 cup)
- Vegetables such as: mushrooms, tomatoes, green/red/yellow bell peppers, or spinach can be added!
How to make them:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly spread each slice of bread with margarine.
3. Press a slice of bread, margarine side down, into each muffin cup of a muffin tin.
4. In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Pour the eggs on top of the bread in the muffin cups.
5. Sprinkle on top with the chopped green onions and grated cheddar cheese.
6. Place in 350°F oven for about 15-20 minutes. You will know when the buns are done when a knife is inserted in the middle and comes out clean.