So it’s back to school time..But it doesn’t mean you need to dwell over it! Let’s update your make up and skincare essentials, to start off your first month of school right. By having a fresh face, and new look that is.. 😉
*Disclaimer: All photos credits are given to their respected owners, and are linked with their individualize descriptions/information.
Now, let’s get to it…
Essential number one. Three words to think about when you’re getting ready…Cleanse, tone, moisturize. It’s really simple, have a clean and moisturized face to start off your morning! No one wants a dry, tight-feeling face. And no one ever wants to look like they legitimately rolled out of bed to go to school.
For a review of my current routine, read up my review here.
Essential number two. Prime your face! You have a long day ahead of you, and if you’re a newbie, this means a lot of running back and forth to find your classes. Select a primer suitable for your face, for more information click on this link here.
Here are a few awesome primers that I’ve used before:
- La Base Pro $49.00, more information can be found here.
- Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser $11.99, more information can be found here.
- NYX Shine Killer $14.00, more information can be found here.
Essential number three. Choose a make-up look. You can go all out, or you can keep yourself reserved. Playing with some eye shadows? Or some new lippies? Trying a new foundation? Mascara? The options are limitless. Just make sure you keep an eye on the time 😉
A few of my own make-up looks:
Eye shadow suggestions:
- Neutral look? Try some neutral tones like browns or some earthy tones. An awesome eye shadow palette to try out is the Urban Decay Naked Basics pricing at around $29.00. It has a nice palette of go-to neutrals to play with 🙂 For more information about the product, visit here.
- Playing with some colour? Purples are always a good choice for colours. It’s a nice complimentary colour, that suits all eye colours. Find colours that compliment your eye colour, whether its brown, hazel, blue, or green eyes! A suggestive palette for purple and more subtle tones of colour, try out the Ultimate Multi-Finish Shadow palette by NYX. More information can be found here.
For foundation FAQs, read up my post here.
For mascara, here are my top picks:
- Grandiose Waterproof Mascara $36.00, more information can be found here.
- Hypnose Star Mascara $34.50, more information can be found here.
Essential number four. Your school day has finally ended! Time to clean off that face of yours 😉 Make sure to use an appropriate make-up remover (depending on the make-up you chose), and continue with essential number one..Cleanse, tone, (add a serum here!), moisturize.
Make sure to read my post on serums, which can be found here!