Hi friends! This is an original recipe of mine…therefore it’s fairly simplified and easy to make. Also, this recipe is also vegetarian friendly! However, I did leave room for any add ons to the pasta. You can definitely add more vegetables to the mix, or season it to your tasting. Even adding some beans to the pasta would be a great source of protein! My goal for this recipe was to keep it simple, and light to eat. I didn’t want to make something that felt heavy in my stomach.
By the way, check out my Facebook page for more videos and updates 😀
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. Basil
- 1 serving of Penne pasta
- 2 tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1 handful of Spinach (blended or roughly chopped up)
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion
- 4 Mushrooms
- Chop onion and mushrooms into bite sized pieces, and set aside
- Heat up the stove to low heat for the pot, and add 1 tsp. of olive oil. Add the chopped onions and sauté until lightly cooked.
- Add the mushrooms to the sautéed onions, and then add 2 tbsp. of tomato paste. Proceed onto adding the seasonings: 1 tsp. of Oregano and Paprika, and 2 tsp. of Basil.
- Add 1 and a 1/2 cup of water to the mix, and then add the 1 serving of Penne pasta. Turn the heat to medium, and boil for 15 minutes. (Make sure to stir occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot.)
- As the pasta is boiling, prepare the spinach. If you’re using a food processor, put a handful in and turn on the processor to chop into fine bits. If you’re only roughly chopping the spinach, you can proceed onto putting in directly to the pot.
- Stir the contents until the pasta is cooked, and the remaining water has evaporated. (The sauce of the pasta should thicken in this process)
- Once the sauce has thickened, your pasta is ready to serve! 🙂