I had to keep it in the oven much longer than it’s allotted time..it all depends on your oven. I guess practice makes perfect? It’s a simple recipe nonetheless, enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2cup pumpkin (canned)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Butter and flour a loaf pan or a jumbo muffin tin (holds 9 muffins).
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and the butter. One at a time, add the eggs. Add the bananas and pumpkin. Mix until everything is well combined.
- In a second bowl, sift together the baking soda, salt, four and spice. Mix the moist ingredients into the dry ingredients. Pour the batter into the loaf pan or muffin tins. Bake in the oven one hour to 1 hour 12 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil if/when turns brownish. Done when toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- (NOTE: If wish to just make banana bread, omit the pumpkin, add one additional banana, omit the spice, follow directions as is).