This is one of my father’s favourite desserts, quite sweet though, but definitely a quick fix for any sweet cravings haha.
A similar recipe can be found here: Ginataang bilog-bilog
1/4 Cup jackfruit
1/4 Cup coconut sport
1 Pack (500g) glutinous rice flour
1 Cup of water
PURPLE YAM FILLINGS
1 Cup grated purple yam
1/2 Cup condensed milk
1/2 Cup sugar
2 Can coconut milk
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup of jackfruit juice
2 Cup tapioca pearl
Food flavoring and colors
- Cook tapioca pearl according to instructions on the package.
- UBE FILLING INSTRUCTION
- Put grated purple yam, condensed milk and sugar in a deep sauce pan.
- Stir and cook in medium fire until it turns into a thick paste.
- DOUGH INSTRUCTIONS
- Add ube flavoring to 1/4 cup of water, stir until it reach the desired color.
- Divide flour into 3 equal parts, put 1 part in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the purple yam water mixture into the flour.
- Mix the dough until it becomes smooth.
- DOUGH BALLS INSTRUCTIONS
- Take a piece and flatten into a circle.
- Add a piece of fillings into the middle.
- Pull the edges together to cover the fillings.
- Roll rice ball with palms to Smoothen.
- Dust with flour so that the balls won’t stick.
- Boil water in a pot, add glutinous rice balls.
- Cook until they begin to float.
- COCONUT SYRUP INSTRUCTION
- In a deep pot over medium heat, combine coconut milk jackfruit juice and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add tapioca pearl and cook until slightly thick.
- Add glutinous rice balls and cook for about 3-5 minutes
- For easy and convenient way, use bottled halaya.
- If adding water in making the dough, pour it slowly while mixing, until it reach the desired consistency. In case the dough comes out wet, add glutinous rice flour.
- For a thicker coconut syrup, add coconut cream at the last minute of cooking.