Honestly, this was a total mishap of a decision to make this. My sister originally was only going to make popcorn, but then I seen some leftover chocolate chips (new of course), and some leftover peppermint chocolates that we were used for some gift boxes for our guests.
The ending the result? It worked out! Maybe if we had more toppings to work with and a little more patience, we’d make an even better one.
The picture below is of that so-called masterpiece that my sister, my friend Lisa and I came up with:
Want to make it too?
You’ll be needing:
- Popcorn of course, we used kernels and heated them up. You can definitely use a popped bag of popcorn though
- Chocolate chips
- Peppermint chocolate
- Any topping of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees celsius
- Pop your popcorn!
- Boil about a cup of water in a saucepan, and place a microwaveable bowl on top
- Place the chocolate chips in the bowl, and mix slowly. Add some milk in this process to make it smoother. Do the same step for the peppermint chocolate. *Note: You can always add peppermint to your chocolate as well.
- Once the chocolate is melted, drizzle on top of your popcorn. Along with all of the other toppings.
- Place in oven for about 15 minutes, or until the chocolate has harden. Trust me, it will harden.
Once the time has elapsed or you have noticed the toppings hardening, set aside to cool. Then voila! You’re done!
Hopefully everyone else who recreates this recipe does it faster than we did. Like I said, we didn’t have the patience to begin with. I’m surprised it turned out the way it did LOL.